Health, Safety and Environment for Oil & Gas Industry
- Course Code: HSE101
- Course Center:
- Course Fees: Call
- Course Duration: 3 Weeks
Recognition and proper management of health, safety and environmental risks is fundamental to all management and professional roles in the Oil & Gas industry. This course aims to equip participants with the underpinning knowledge relating to the concepts of an effective HSE management system and the key elements required for successful implementation. The course is based upon a common HSE management system model and the programme explains the basic elements and their interaction. A variety of exercises and case studies based on the fictitious Petros Caspian Explorer platform, as well as readings and videos will be used to understand and practice the leadership, communication, implementation, monitoring, corrective action, audit and review tools generally used in HSE management systems. This course is uniquely designed around the Center4Tech Oil & Gas Tech Skills competence maps for HSE Management at the "Awareness" level.
This Course is designed:
For Graduate aspiring to become HSE Officers in the Oil & Gas industry requiring a basic awareness of health, safety and environmental (HSE) management systems including; Operations, Engineers, Supervisors, Project managers and aspiring HSE professionals. It is the basic course for any persons who can influence HSE Management within the organisation and is also ideal for anyone new to the industry with no prior HSE management knowledge.
Attendees will learn:
- The principle elements of a health and safety management system, and how these interact to promote continual improvement in HSE management
- About ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ILO OSH-2001, HSG65 and other commonly used HSE management systems
- Key tools associated with risk assessment, risk control and active/reactive monitoring
- The roles and responsibilities of individuals within the management system and how they can effect the safety culture of the organisation
Who can take this Course?
Graduate of any disciple.
- Leadership & commitment
- Policy & strategic objectives
- Legislation & regulation
- Organization, responsibilities & resources
- Professional training & behaviors
- Risk assessment & management
- Planning & procedures
- Contractor controls
- Emergency response
- Performance management
- Incident reporting & investigation
- Management review
To register please click the link Register .